Video Capsule Endoscopy - 4th July 2013
Video capsule endoscopy (VCE) provides a method to assess small bowel pathology by filling the endoscopic gap between push-enteroscopy and ileocolonoscopy and allows physicians to visualise the most inaccessible parts of the gut in a minimally invasive manner.
This state of the art course is designed to provide an overview of the application of VCE in children through a combination of lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on exercises. The structure of the program has been specifically tailored to address the needs of health professionals who perform VCE studies in Paediatric practice.
Well renowned Paediatric Gastroenterologists with expertise in the field of capsule endoscopy will enlighten delegates on the technicalities of VCE as well as on the pathology recognition and reporting through a series of case studies.
- To have an understanding of the technology associated with VCE
- To understand the indications, contraindications and limitations of VCE
- To understand the principles of pathology identification and report creation
You should attend if you are a:
- Trainee/Consultant in General Paediatrics
- Trainee/Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology
- Specialist Nurse in Paediatric Gastroenterology
To make it as practical as possible, this course will be limited to 20 people.