Details to follow.
Multichannel intraluminal impedance (MII) provides a method to assess the movement of fluids, solids, and air in the esophagus and in the paediatric practice it is particularly useful for the investigation of children with suspected gastro-esophageal reflux.
This state of the art course is designed to provide an overview of the application of MII studies in children through a combination of lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on exercises. The structure of the program has been specifically tailored to address the needs of health professionals who perform and interpret MII studies.
Expert Paediatric Gastroenterologists will introduce delegates in the technicalities of the test as well as in analysing and reporting through a series of case studies.
- To have an understanding of the technicalities (catheters, recording devices, software, patient instruction and protocol) of MII
- To understand the indications, analysis and reporting of MII studies
- To understand the limitations, complications and futures perspectives of MII
You should attend if you are a:
- Trainee/Consultant in General Paediatrics
- Trainee/Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology
- Specialist Nurse in Paediatric Gastroenterology
To make it as practical as possible, this course will be limited to 20 people.